Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you find things here that inspire you and make you smile. Please leave comments and come back often!
RSS

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Life and Style: Table Setting made Easy

In my hometown, there were three types of girls: the girls who lived in the golf club, the girls who lived in trailer parks, and the girls who lived everywhere else.  Growing up in the house my grandparents built, on land that belonged to my great grandparents, I fell into the "everywhere else" category.  At the time, I desperately wanted to be one of the "golf club girls", and that meant taking part in cotillion.  I begged my mother (to no avail) to let me join cotillion, just as I begged her to move us to the golf club.  As a result of my mother's refusal, I stayed at 20 Pope Lane till I moved to Atlanta and never properly leaned how to set a table.  I'm perpetually confused by which fork goes where and all that jazz.  Thankfully, artist Amy Borell has come to my rescue!  Her art is whimsical and romantic and beautiful.  If you enjoy this table setting illustration, please check out her blog or her website.  








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question about something you have seen on Katie Bryce's blog or a suggestion for a feature? Tweet her your question, comment, or suggestion at twitter.com/ilovekatiebryce